Monday, April 4, 2016

The List

Ah, spring break!  You have teased and eluded me since January.  Finally you are here and I can't decide what to do first.  This dilemma calls for a plan.

As I return to bed (because I can) I sip, rather than gulp my coffee and form a to-do list in my head. After breakfast, I'll walk a bit farther than usual and at a more relaxed pace, taking time to bask in the spring sunshine and enjoy the sight of blooming dogwoods and azaleas.  I must remember to prepare the flower beds to welcome their usual array of colorful annuals. With that job completed, I'll tackle the closets that desperately need to be organized, and sift through the stacks of papers that have accumulated in my office. Later, I'll wash a year's-worth of grime from the windows and hose down our pollen-covered cars.

If I push myself to accomplish those tasks today, there'll be plenty of time later in the week to chat with family members whom I have ignored since Christmas, shop for a summer wardrobe--since last year's seems to have shrunk during the winter--and schedule leisurely lunch dates with long-lost friends.

"Honey!" my husband calls up the stairs.  "Shouldn't you be getting up?  It's nearly noon and you have a 1:00 dentist appointment."  Oops, I must have dozed off.                

No comments:

Post a Comment