Saturday, April 2, 2016

A Daily Choice

I awake to a plethora of songbirds echoing in the woods beyond my open window. From my still-prone position, I can see only dark clouds and swaying treetopsAs gray sky opens to release its gentle droplets I expect the cheerful chorus to fade. Surely my feathered friends will seek shelter and cease their joyful chatter.   

Now the earth is pelted with exploding liquid bombs, but still the bird songs cannot be extinguished. Could this phenomenon be a metaphor for life?  God speaks in metaphors, you know.  To hear them we must listen carefully, observantly, and with an open heart.   

How often do I allow life's storms to steal my joy?  When the clouds of life turn gray, do I become agitated and start to worry?  This is the day that the Lord has made, I am reminded. Will I rejoice and be glad in it or will I allow the day's inevitable challenges to steal my joy and silence my song?  The daily choice is mine.  

No comments:

Post a Comment