Sunday, April 3, 2016

My Nemesis

Technology is not my friend.  I have tried to befriend it, but it is a moving target, flitting here and there, changing, improving, evolving, and incessantly updating until its gadgets become unrecognizable, and I am left with constant anxiety and dread.

With technology, the learning curve is endless and time-consuming.  Yet, I must stay abreast of the "latest."  I am woefully dependent upon this arrogant, inanimate creature that seems to be taking over the world.  I long to simplify my life and surroundings.  I seek the return of a time when I knew more than the average six-year-old, when grandchildren weren't constantly connected to a screen or a keyboard, and when I had time to play the piano or read instead of learning how to conquer some new technological monster.

My comfort zone has been invaded and I must submit or be left in the dust.  Fortunately, I'm married to a techno-genius who stands ready and willing to help me navigate this frightening "brave new world". . . whenever he isn't busy conversing with Alexa, that is.    

 

    

No comments:

Post a Comment