Monday, June 21, 2021

Creative Crisis


Photo Courtesy of HighBabe

Okay, school is out for the summer, and I have time to write again. Yay! So, here I sit waiting for my muse to show up, and she is several days late. What to do! Let’s start with another cup of coffee.

Nope! That didn’t work, either. Even writing a blog post--something I normally enjoy--is a struggle. Is this how it’s going to be all summer? Do I just need to chill and wait until the mood strikes?

Some people call it writer’s block. For me it’s not so much a block as a fog. I can’t seem to concentrate or get my thoughts in order. Without an imposed schedule, I waste precious time and get distracted easily. Believe it or not, I have a YouTube channel. I was hoping to actually use it this summer...to post some videos about my writing career that might be helpful to other creative writers. But how can I advise others when I’m in a slump.

Fellow writers, what do you do to break the cycle of a creative crisis? I’d love to hear from you. Please send your helpful hints. I’ll compile and share them on my author page and website...maybe even on my YouTube channel. We’re all in this together.

You can visit my website here: https://www.cindylfreeman.com/

3 comments:

  1. Go for a walk, find a tree, and discover an image in the bark patterns. Write about that image, tell what it means to you, and what the important words are. Put it in the little notebook you are carrying with you. Monti

    ReplyDelete
  2. Close your eyes. Inhale good thoughts exhale bad thoughts. Deeply breathing take your body and mind to the stars. Release your mind from any thoughts and continue to breathe. Reengage your mind with thoughts of walking without floors, seeing without eyes, hearing without ears, and become one with yourself. Empty your mind and fill your heart and breathe. Let the thoughts and words come "through" you and not to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Cyrus and Monti. These are excellent suggestions.

    ReplyDelete