Saturday, August 13, 2016

It Can't be August

It can't be August. How do I know it can't be August?  I'm not submitting press releases or advertisements or setting up demonstration classes. I'm not frantically assigning children to classes and juggling waiting lists and changing class assignments because parents just received their children's sports/dance schedules. I'm not assembling and mailing some 400 enrollment packets. I'm not creating staff working agreements and job descriptions and planning the first staff meeting and in-service training. I'm not organizing two Parent Orientation days, revising Power Point presentations and studying notes and lesson plans. I'm not spending hours and hours making and receiving phone calls and answering e-mail messages. I'm not performing inventory, organizing storage closets or ordering home materials for more than 400 students. I'm not preparing for board meetings or fund raisers or scholarship meetings. I'm not setting up classrooms, scheduling carpet cleanings or washing instruments. I'm not organizing volunteers or training new staff members or requesting background checks or arranging for CPR/First Aid training. I'm not attending workshops and seminars to keep my certification current, and I'm not arranging for six other teachers to attend workshops and seminars. I'm not writing a monthly newsletter or revising six levels of weekly handouts. I'm not updating the web site or the school calendar. I'm not working twelve hour days. So, you see, it can't be August. Oh, that's right!  It is August and I'm retired.      

No comments:

Post a Comment